Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Reviews Are In, Blackbird Is A Hit!



Opening weekend was tremendous. The weather discouraged a few people, but those who came witnessed (in the words of Areon Mobasher) "a work of moving, captivating, and profoundly human art." Thanks Areon, I couldn't have said it better myself (and I tried!).  It's really great to hear that kind of praise from a fellow artist. The local critics were also out in force, and they loved what they saw:

Triangle A&E:
Pamela Vesper and Kurt Benrud call John and Katie "Simply superb."

CVNC:
Alan Hall didn't really provide anything blurb-worthy, but he liked it. Don't believe me, CLICK HERE to read it (SPOILER WARNING - this review describes the plot a bit too much imho).

News & Observer

Indy Week:
Byron Woods gave Blackbird "★★★★" and called the show "A thorny garland of questions with no easy answers."

Our first weekend was a critical success. Will it be a commercial one?

This is a tough play. One of the things we were worried about was: "would people come?" We decided that if we produced a great show. One with truth, and clarity and heart, audiences would respond. I think we did that. I hope you join us. If you like good theatre, this is a show you won't want to miss!

GET TICKETS HERE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twelfth Night's Come and Gone

  Whew! What an adventure!  Wow, well our production of Twelfth Night was a huge success. It far exceeded my expectations. I loved this sho...